New Patient Registration
If you live within our practice area you are welcome to register with us and our reception staff will be happy to guide you through the procedure.
You will need to complete a registration form (GMS1) and general health questionnaire which will provide useful information whilst we wait for your medical records to arrive from your previous doctor if you have one. All forms can be obtained from reception.
All new patients are offered a health check with a member of the healthcare team to ensure that any required tests are up to date and that we have an accurate note of any repeat medication you may be taking.
The Lawns Medical Practice is proud to be a Safe Surgery and is committed to providing equal access to our services for everyone in our practice area, regardless of their immigration status.
Everyone living in the UK is entitled to register and consult with a GP. It means we help to prevent and treat illness early and create a healthier society for everyone.
At The Lawns we-
1. Don’t insist on proof of address documents
2. Don’t insist on proof of identification
3. Never ask to see a visa or proof of immigration status
4. Do what you can to protect patient information
5. Use an interpreter, if needed
6. Display posters and have a noticeboard detracted to reassure patients that our surgery is a safe space
7. Empower our frontline staff with training and an inclusive registration policy
Adult Registration Form
Child Registration Form
Medical treatment is available from the date of registration. Please contact reception for further information.
Guide to GP Services
The Royal College of General Practitioners has produced a useful guide for patients about the services on offer at GP Surgeries and how to access them. You can download the guide below.
A Patient Guide to GP Services